Every remodeling is unique, and we have the flexibility to totally individualize the remodeling process to precisely fit your needs. We recommend that, from the beginning, all parties involved be present during the design process (That includes those who will use the space, those who will offer input, as well as the decision-makers.) When everyone takes part, we can avoid false starts, re-planning, and miscommunications.
Custom Remodeling Planning
Because we are dedicated solely to residential remodeling construction, Chet DiRomualdo brings a level of experience and capability to your project that a general contractor, new home builder, beginner, or part-timer simply cannot. We have both the expertise and the talent to maximize your remodeling project.
Talk to us about your ideas. Many remodeling projects are straightforward, and Chet will develop the plans himself. Or, if you like, we can work with your plans or your architect. In either case, you will have the Valley’s finest, most experienced team dedicated to remodeling.
Custom Design Team
Clients work with our Custom Design Team when a single solution is not clear-cut or immediately evident.
The Custom Design Team Advantage
Because you are represented by both a remodeling contractor and an architect who are working together from the start, you can be sure that the architect’s creative ideas will not only reflect your desires, but that they are also economically and structurally feasible.
The Custom Design Team weaves the remodeling contractor’s knowledge of techniques needed to blend new construction with existing construction, building codes, knowledge of materials, mechanical systems, as well as the ability to assess the existing conditions with the architect’s knowledge of space usage, traffic flow, architectural styles, roof lines, furniture placement, and the talent to see all possible options.
Chet DiRomualdo, CGR, and residential remodeling specialist, architect Karen Ramsey, A.I.A. are a unique Builder/Architect team who will fully explore your options and design a one-of-a-kind project that meets or exceeds all your needs.
Unlike contractors who simply “take orders,” we start with a consultation to help you make the right decision. We help you determine if remodeling is in your best interests, and if it is feasible both financially and logistically. From there, we will work with you to develop a cost-effective, enduring design that will blend aesthetically and functionally with your existing home.
For a nominal $100.00 consultation fee, you will see how an experienced remodeling contractor and an architect skilled in remodeling would handle your ideas. We freely share our years of experience, valuable information, and ideas. This input is yours to keep — whether or not you choose to work with us. If you do work with us, the consulting fee is credited to the design service.
Our unique planning approach
- Gives you several design possibilities from which to choose,
- Helps you understand every phase of the project,
- Helps eliminate costly change orders,
- Helps maximize the project’s flow, fit, and functionality,
- Allows you to make selections of goods and materials before the building process begins,
- Gives you an opportunity before work begins to meet the key players who will be a part of your family’s life during construction,
- And allows construction to move smoothly and progress faster.
The Pace of Planning with Custom Design Team
- Within one to three weeks of your initial call, you’ll have an introductory meeting with Chet and Karen and the initial $100 consultation meeting.
- Initial meeting is to make sure your project is doable before proceeding.
- If you decide to proceed with us, in about two weeks you will receive a proposal for design development costs. This proposal will detail the planning process and outlines meetings with you to develop your ideas and explore design options, architectural drawings, and includes a detailed description of the services we will provide.
- When you accept the design development proposal, your project is placed on our roster. Intensive planning over the next three to six months results in a finished set of architectural plans, complete with material choices and color selections. At this point, you are ready to schedule construction.
- When you are ready to commit to the project, your completely planned job will be placed in our construction schedule.
- The $100.00 initial consultation fee is credited towards the design fee